Eat Your Way Thin: FIVE foods that can JUMP START your weight loss
It’s Monday, time to get back on track or is it time to BEGIN? No matter, you are not alone because weekends are typically NOT when people decide to start a new fitness or nutrition program. In fact, weekends are where most people fall off the wagon, lose their way and give themselves permission to do so. So today I thought I’d share FIVE foods that can Jump Start your weight loss this week and when you see that scale going down, chances are you are more likely to continue your healthy habits!
1) Eat an APPLE! Apples are about 85% water and contain anti-inflammatory properties, they’ve also been shown to boost performance and energy.
2) Add Flax Seeds to your Foods! Studies have found that the Omega-3’s in flax seeds can help with FAT Loss.
3) Eat Fiber-Rich Foods: Oatmeal! Oats/Oatmeal is a good choice because it is low in sugar and high in fiber. It’s easy to freshen up as a meal or snack: Simply add in fresh berries, nuts and your choice of milk and you’ll stay full!
4) Coconut Oil, or other Healthy Fats! The secret to cooking to feel full and satisfied is to cook with healthy fats. Coconut oil is a great choice because it is also loaded up with lauric acid which may also help increase your metabolic rate.
5) Drink Coffee upon waking up! You knew I had to include this staple that I cannot live without. Coffee revs your metabolism to help you burn more calories. Studies show coffee is also an effective appetite suppressant and helps with Energy & Performance. Shhh….In my book, coffee is a superfood! Of course, coffee has caffeine that is a diuretic so try to drink at LEAST 1 cup of water with every cup of coffee you consume during the day.