New Workout Review: Core Power Yoga!
You know that feeling when you wake up and feel muscles you haven’t worked in a while? Well that’s what happened to me after attending my first class at Core Power Yoga—especially around my core and abs! This TUESDAY I’d like to share with you my experience after attending several Yoga Sculpt classes with Core Power Yoga and if you have one of these studios near you I challenge you to go and try a class this month!
Yoga Sculpt: What to Expect, What to Bring! Here’s your quick check list for what to bring to your class!
- Yoga Mat
- Long Towel
- Face Towel or Washcloth (to wipe off body)
- 2 water bottles
- Headband, it gets sweaty
- wear as little clothing as possible
- extra change of clothes
- gym bag essentials: tolietries, brush, shampoo, lotion
- hair dryer if you plan to shower
Here are 3 tips to use for trying a new class and making your workouts fun!
1) Just Give it a TRY. Trying new classes or formats can be intimidating, even if you are a regular group fitness class junkie. Sometimes we put off trying something because of perceptions that we are not at a level high enough to do well, for fear of failure or even social status only triathletes do those classes or that workout will be hard on my knees. MY EXPERIENCE…I had seen this studio and heard about their classes, all good things! For me my excuse was their classes dont fit in my busy schedule. It’s about making that time for yourself friends! I ended up attending TWO classes this weekend. It could have been so easy to sleep in on Sunday but I set my alarm and got myself to the studio for their 7:30am sculpt class. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
2) Focus on your RESULTS. We all want to improve, be better than we were yesterday, last week or last year even. It’s easy to fall into same routine of workouts and your body gets in a rhythm. Daily habits and rituals are great, dont get me wrong! It’s up to us to challenge ourselves and our bodies to move in new ways. You will be surprised by the results and how you feel by adding in a workout that you normally do not do. MY EXPERIENCE….I am a cardio junkie! Yep I do zumba 2-4x a week and running floods my body full of endorphins and feel good vibes. I find that I need to make the extra EFFORT to schedule in strength and flexibility workouts or they just don’t happen. This Yoga Sculpt class promised to deliver both in ONE workout, I just had to check it out!
3) Buddy Up! Call up a girlfriend and make it a date, or if you’re out with friends have them pull out their calendar and right there pull up the schedule of that kickboxing class down the street (thank you technology and smart phones!) and set a day/time to get together to attend a class. The other way I get friends to meet me is I post on social media the day and class I want to attend and see if anyone else is available– so try tweeting it or sharing it on facebook. When you have something planned with a friend, you are less likely to skip that workout! MY EXPERIENCE….met up with my friends to do our long run on Saturday. After we always chit chat and my friend handed me a FREE 2 week pass to core power yoga studio and begged me to attend the 9am yoga sculpt class with her that day. It was something I had wanted to try so I jumped and said I’d make it happen. Went home, made kiddos breakfast. Rinsed off from my run, grabbed a mat, water bottle and towel and made it to that session on time!
Core Power Yoga: Arlington Heights, IL Getting There. It is located in the downtown shopping area near the metra train station so it’s easily accessible by public transportation. If driving, park in the underground garage (entrance next to starbucks) and park to your left near the elevator and stairs. Taking the stairs up you exit and make a right and you are immediately in front of the studio.
What I liked best. The atmosphere of a studio really can set the mood for your workout. I felt a calmness over me as soon as I entered, like I had just kicked off my sandals at my best friend’s house. The locker room has cute wooden lockers and benches and all the toiletries you would need to groom yourself after and shower stalls had shampoo/conditioner/body wash. In the studio itself, I loved that they had “candles” inside workout room and mirrors on front/sides. All the classes I attended were very full, but even so it felt cozy in there. I never felt claustrophobic. At end of each class, the instructor comes around with a COOL cloth that is scented with lemon & lavender to place on your forehead. This gentle gesture really made me feel special and helped cool my body down after the intensity of the hot yoga workout.
How to get 3 Weeks FREE trial. You can go to the core power yoga website and pull up a FREE 1 week pass to print out and bring in. For the Arlington Heights location, if you purchase one of their mats for $9 they will give you an additional 2 week free access. Why not–we all could use an extra mat to keep in our car for spontaneous yoga sessions anywhere, right? Go to this website to find a location near you & print up your FREE 1 Week Trial coupon today—-> Core Power Yoga.
Tell me about your favorite yoga classes, studio and how you connect with friends to try new classes and experiences!