Tag Archives: #exercise
Tis the Season and just look at the SALES for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday from Team Beachbody–they have launched LIVE today, 11/21/16.
htp://www.beachbodycoach.com/jennvoss then click shop and on the left you will see holiday specials. Or you can click here to get straight to it!
If you have any questions on any of these programs you can email me email@example.com with HOLIDAY SALE in the subject line. I have most of these programs and can help you choose which one will help you best in reaching YOUR health and fitness goals.
Happy Shopping–if you are interested in any items, order right away because many will sell out before end of day.
Monday are great days to set new goals and NEW intentions. Here are 3 tips to use for trying a new class and making your workouts fun! I shared my own experiences in using each of these tips, I’d love to hear if these helped you today!!
1) Just Give it a TRY. Trying new classes or formats can be intimidating, even if you are a regular group fitness class junkie. Sometimes we put off trying something because of perceptions that we are not at a level high enough to do well, for fear of failure or even social status only triathletes do those classes or that workout will be hard on my knees. In MY EXPERIENCE…I hear about new classes or I’m invited to a jam session, zumbathon, its all good things! For me my excuse was that classes didn’t fit in my busy schedule. It’s about making that time for yourself friends! It’s about getting off your butt and making it THERE and then be ready to give it your best. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
2) Focus on your RESULTS. We all want to improve, be better than we were yesterday, last week or last year even. It’s easy to fall into same routine of workouts and your body gets in a rhythm. Daily habits and rituals are great, dont get me wrong! It’s up to us to challenge ourselves and our bodies to move in new ways. You will be surprised by the results and how you feel by adding in a workout that you normally do not do. MY EXPERIENCE….I am a cardio junkie! Yep I do zumba 2-4x a week and running floods my body full of endorphins and feel good vibes. I find that I need to make the extra EFFORT to schedule in strength and flexibility workouts or they just don’t happen. If possible you can look for what is commonly called FUSION classes or classes like Yoga Sculpt which promise to deliver more than 1 format in ONE workout.
3) Buddy Up! Call up a girlfriend and make it a date, or if you’re out with friends have them pull out their calendar and right there pull up the schedule of that kickboxing class down the street (thank you technology and smart phones!) and set a day/time to get together to attend a class. The other way I get friends to meet me is I post on social media the day and class I want to attend and see if anyone else is available– so try tweeting it or sharing it on facebook. When you have something planned with a friend, you are less likely to skip that workout! MY EXPERIENCE….hanging out with friends post run or workouts we like to chit chat about our week ahead and what we will be doing for fitness. For instance, one week post-run a friend handed me a FREE 2 week pass to core power yoga studio and begged me to attend the 9am yoga sculpt class with her that day. It was something I had wanted to try so I jumped and said I’d make it happen. Went home, made kiddos breakfast. Rinsed off from my run, grabbed a mat, water bottle and towel and made it to that session on time!
So today, drop your excuses and this month make a conscious effort to get out there and try a new class, take your bike on a new trail or lace up and run a trail instead of the track.
Keep pushing your body, you may surprise yourself and find that you can do much more than you think you can!
I believe in you!
Every Monday feels like a FRESH START!
Heres my Top 5 Tips for Starting your week STRONG!
- Set alarm early. No alarm, plan B is to schedule a lunch or evening workout. Give yourself a #noexcuses goal that you’ll get it done. I tend to set alarms in my phone like appointments.
- Set out your clothes, find your favorite workout wear. Oops, morning is here and you didn’t set out your clothes. The basics you need for the gym: sports bra, underwear, shorts or capris, tshirt or tank, socks, shoes, hair brush & ties. Even in the dark, I can find my workout clothes. I keep them all on the same shelf in my dresser.
- Fuel Up! Start your day with healthy food and you’ll make smarter choices the all day long. Stick to real food, avoid processed foods (basically anything in a box, bag or wrapper)
- Put on some music that gets you wanting to move! I keep a playlist of favorite songs in my phone so I always have them with me. If you don’t have one, just put on our favorite radio station and play it loud!
- Social media for inspiration! Even when you think you don’t have time to workout..you can do workouts anywhere/anytime. Check out Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and you can find short workouts like tabata or search hashtags for all sorts of exercises to work the body parts you want to shape up! For me, my saving grace that I cannot live without Beachbody ON DEMAND streaming workouts. As long as I have internet access, I can pick up right where I left off with my workouts. Want a free trial? Check out this link for free membership w/me and then click on 30day FREE Club membership: http://bit.ly/CoachJenn
So let’s get the week started– whether you have a plan or not, make this the week you begin getting in the best shape of your life!
Good Morning! Did you get up and get your workout in yet? Well, if you are looking for some changes by summer I suggest you take a look at joining the 2016 Bikini Series with ToneItUp! I discovered Karina and Katrina back in 2011 when I started my journey to become a personal trainer. I made the decision that January that I would train myself to get ME into the best shape of my life. I looked in the mirror and even though I was teaching so many fitness classes, I was not really exercising for me. I was bouncing around from one class to another, not paying attention to what I was eating and just following my schedule—not adding in any cross training or new workouts.
Being a part of this series is fun because you get to meet other women who are striving to improve their health and fitness, feel more comfortable in their skin and yes after what everyone ultimately wants…to look good naked! Hahaha…yes, I said it and its so true! To participate its free, but they also have an amazing nutrition plan if you are completely lost because as you may or may not realize when you begin to add more activity to your routine, you will need to be dialing in your nutrition to really see the results for all that sweat time you are logging. Once you join, you are a lifetime member and get all the updates, special emails/coaching from Karina and Katrina and so much more.
Here’s your workout moves for today straight from Tone It Up—which you can find tons of videos on their youtube channel for free or purchase their DVD workouts from their website as well, I own the beachbabe 1 and 2 series and they just released a new video for this year’s bikini series which is getting rave reviews from the TIUteam members. Here’s the video for the inspiration for today’s BONUS workout: https://www.facebook.com/ToneItUp/videos/10153876217574801/
Here’s my breakdown of the moves in this short video…Do each one 15x, then repeat the set 3x. There is a free printable of their orignial workout, plus video here at Full Body Workout.
Single Leg “running arms” deadlift, booty kick
OH Press with Knee Extension
Run/Sprint in place (60 seconds)
3 point Deadlift
Plank with weights–open to side plank (L/R)
Plank with Weights—tricep Extension (L/R)
abs: straight arm OH extension with bent knees out/in
Boxer Shuffle and punches R/L (60 seconds)
Get some sweat on today and sculpt and tone it up for summer!
End of year….I have received so many last minute requests for subbing fitness classes and if you are not traveling its a way to bank some extra holiday cash when you work in fitness. I also love trying to squeeze in a few classes, take time to fine tune the latest certification you recieved or REVIVE your passion in an older format to bring new ENERGY to your classes in the new year—this month I have attended 1 spin class a week since getting my SCHWINN certification on Dec 5th.
TODAY…I had something amazing happen. I showed up ready to teach and this amazing, talented and seasoned instructor sauntered in and just OWNED the class.
She was the person I was subbing for and the class was GROUP GROOVE. Now, I was at first like “What is happening?!” because I had it in my head I was prepared to dance and make everyone feel welcome because lets face it instructors. Our students LOVE US…when we bring in subs its just not the same for them. The awful truth of it all though is I had never taken a Groove class so I was bringing them a totally different cardio dance experience. Well, thank heavens for Anne Springer, I must say that in 60minutes I FELL IN LOVE WITH GROOVE. <3
I wanted to share this because I feel like I don’t do this as often as I shoould and after today’s class I know one of my goals in the new year will be to attend new classes or at least try out new INSTRUCTOR’s classes 2x a month. I have a busy schedule so I cant say it will be 1x a week, but I feel confident that I can get to TWO!
Here’s my review of my first GROUP GROOVE experience and if you have a YMCA near you then you have these classes, so I highly recommend you get there in the new year as Anne is part of a “test group” of instructors who get materials ahead of everyone else– she previewed the NEW round of songs/choreography that will be released and I was smiling from the warm up to cooldown!
First…Anne made everyone wait in hallway, lights were dimmed & spotlights on in front of room. It felt like we were entering a “club” atmosphere. The songs were upbeat and I remember her calling out names of steps that resembled moves I do in zumba so I felt comfortable but the rhythms were different and body language had a more hip hop feel to it. There is a definite layout to the class: warmup, then dance 1 and cardio 1 and rotating I think we had 3 cardios at least and a 10min cooldown. Groove is taught where the instructor mirrors the class and Anne did use a microphone which I have traditionally done lots more non-verbal cueing for zumba. I love how she used the microphone to really increase the energy and excitement for every single movement we did in class. I did notice that by end of class Anne was dripping with sweat as I did get a workout in but I cannot say that I had the same “cardio” output that Anne had and I know I was dancing my heart out! Of course I know in instructing classes, especially dance we really EXAGGERATE the moves and with having to direct and LEAD and talk through it it is a tough workout! Cool down was a fun swagger and one last thing to mention about GROUP GROOVE…there were some moves that she did in the warm up that showed up again in the dances and then AGAIN in the cool down. Loved how the choreography was weaved throughout the entire class.
So there you have it! Im on Anne’s quickdial for the next instructor training date for Groove & you bet you’ll see me in more GROUP GROOVE classes as a STUDENT in the new year! SIDENOTE: GROOVE is a format of MOSSA I learned today and they have several other great formats so if you want to check them out, follow the link!
Tell me about the last class you attended and walked out feeling like you didnt want the class to end??!