Tag Archives: #exercise
Calling all runners! If you haven’t participated in a run streak before, now is the time to jump on board! Im excited to join Runners World movement to do a Run Streak from Thanksgiving to New Years. All you have to do is lace up and run 1 mile or more daily and check in—there will be thousands participating and what better motivation than knowing that you have a few hundred friends stepping up with you.
If you want to hook up with me and get daily motivation, coaching for running, hear tips from some experienced runners and basically connect with others who love running as much as you—–check out my event page on my facebook fitness page & Click this Image to join my Holiday #RWStreak Running Group!
Still unshore if you should participate? Here are a few questions to ask yourself before you decide. Of course, I will say this is for everyone and anyone of all levels, from beginner to athlete.
1. Do you own a pair of running shoes? 2. Power walk, Jog or Run can you cover the distance of a mille? 3. Do you enjoy being active? 3. Do you feel motivated when challenged? 5. Do you plan to eat cookies, fudge or other sweets during the holidays? 6. Do you feel less stressed after exercising? 7. Have you been wanting to begin a C25k program? 8. Training for a spring race? 9. Do you struggle with getting your workouts in during the week? 10. Every mile you run, you can justify that holiday cocktail you will enjoy at dinner that night.
If you answered YES to more than 1/2 of these questions, then sign up immediately. If you answered yes to only a couple, I’d still sign up and just do your best.
Great! Then I’ll see you all bright eyed and laced up for the 2015 edition of #rwrunstreak starting on Thursday, 11/26! Feel free to provide your own “rum” if you take your running outdoors, lol!
A side effect to losing weight for us ladies is also losing a little of that va va va voom in our chest area. For some, this is a welcome relief and for others its an eye opener that we really cannot choose to “spot reduce” when we are losing weight and inches.
Welcome to the new and improved you and I vividly remember my own realization that I was not as voluptuous as I once was but I also weighed out the benefits and realized that yes, I can still be sexy with a smaller chest. Here are 10 REAL benefits and reasons to SMILE about the new you!
1) Less bouncing and better support. Anyone who has exercised with a large chest knows the pull an pain you feel when you are working out. For me personally I think this is why for so many years I was NOT a runner.
2) You can wear something Low-Cut and not feel scandalous! Strapless or low cut is something that you can sport almost anywhere/anytime and feel confident.
3) Reduces stress on your shoulders and osteoporosis. Little do we consider that a pair of Dcups can weigh between 15 to 23 pounds!
4) No busting out of a button down shirt: yep, no more reason to safety pin those shirts so there’s not a gap!
Today starts week 2 of my 21 Day Fix Extreme Journey. Staying on track starts TODAY…the energy and movement you do today will ultimately push you through to accomplish your goals this week. Mondays are great because even if you get off track over the weekend, which I will confess today that I did–you can make it right by jumping back in with both feet today. Here are some of my go-to tips for holding yourself accountable today.
1) Play your funky music!! Yeah. You know you have those songs that move you and for me, this one tops my list! PRESS PLAY now and join me in a dance!
When I think about yoga, the first thought that comes to mind is FLEXIBILITY. Yoga ENERGIZES me and makes me feel CENTERED.
For me, the biggest challenge when it comes to yoga is BALANCE. Taking the Leap with prAna and Sweat Pink is a great way for me to face my fears, conquer a new challenge, achieve balance AND find CONFIDENCE .
My favorite place to yoga is OUTSIDE. because it is so INVIGORATING.
I want these fabulous bloggers to share their very best yoga pose photos, this fun madlib (I inserted my answers above in PINK) and of course, I challenge them to join me on this fun 30 day yoga journey
Come on y’all, Take the Leap with me!
Join prAna’s & Sweat Pink’s Take the Leap 30 Days of Yoga Challenge and be eligible to win $500 worth of prAna gear and / or be the lucky winner who gets to gift $500 worth of prAna gear to one lucky winner. They just launched their new spring collection so you best get on it!
If I win I would gift the $500 to my MOM because I remember the days she would take me to the fitness center and play raquet ball with me and afterwards we’d go into the gym and press play on Jane Fonda tapes to workout together. I love you Mom for all you do to inspire me to be a better version of me every day!
Join the Take the Leap with prAna and Sweat Pink Facebook group / event which we’ll use for updates, sharing,and inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/ groups/1525412337742204/
and event page: https://www.facebook.com/ events/423377431152799
And join the challenge on Instagram, Twitter, and your blog using the hashtags:
And of course, tag @prana @FitApproach