Tag Archives: healthy
Super excited that I have the opportunity to work with Team Beachbody in running a fitness challenge that will actually PAY people to workout and get fit. You got it—my next accountability group if you are consistent with your check ins, you will receive a CHECK! Want to learn more on how this works, watch this short video!
So to recap, here’s the simple steps to participate:
1. You need a team Beachbody Account. click here –> http://Http://www.beachbodycoach.com/jennvoss and activate a FREE membership with me as your coach. If you are working with a coach, reach out to them!
2. You need Shakeology and to know what your workout will be. All programs are on sale this month in a challenge pack for $140. If you own a program you wish to repeat then all you need to do is order Shakeology ON HOME DIRECT (you save $ on shipping, you can cancel the auto ship later).
3. Click on Contact My Coach and send me an email saying I am in for the Health Bet.
4. Upon receipt of the email I send, you will download the app and click to join our challenge.
We are starting September 5th—looking forward to helping you reach your health and fitness goals!
Happy New Year, who else is adjusting to the idea that we are officially into 2016?!
Its so true that after the weekend on Monday it is the BEST time of the week to pick yourself up and give yourself a fresh start, but TODAY…the FIRST Monday of the year is so much more special and important so I am encouraging you today to do ONE thing that brings you closer to improving your health and fitness.
Here are my TOP THREE ways you can start off on the right foot….even if you have not yet defined your health and fitness goals for the year or decided exactly where to start!
1. Move TODAY! Thats right, whether its walking, jogging, running, dancing, stretching, posing, jiggling, jumping, swaying, rowing, swinging, ponging, or just BREATHING….take 20-30minutes to move your body today. We have become accustomed to living a more sedentary lifestyle thanks to the advances in technology and increasing number of hours we spend in front of a screen (be it computer, tablet, phone or TV). Even when we are “plugged” in, our bodies can still MOVE so there are really NO EXCUSES to getting this done today.
2. Make Healthy Food Choices. Make a conscious effort today to choose a piece of fruit over that brownie, say no to a second helping and vow to balance out your meals with protein, healthy fats/carbs and veggies! One way I catch myself is by taking pictures of my food before I eat it—give this a try today and see if you give some pause on what you might ADD or SUBTRACT from your meal to make it healthier!
3. Make a DECISION, Take ACTION! Look at your health and fitness goals. What is one thing that you need to make that a reality this year. Get a COACH, find a MENTOR who has done it and get their advice. Going beyond that, I say enroll into a fitness program, purchase equipment, buy a workout dvd, hire a trainer, join a gym, sign up for that ONE race you want to do this year. Trust me, taking an ACTION step today will propell you forward to where you want to go and help push yourself to change and grow.
So…which will it be for you today, this first MONDAY of 2016?
Maybe if you’re really ambitious, you’ll go for ALL THREE!
Cheers to your good health friends and looking forward to encouraging you to living your best fit life this year. If you are not working with a coach and want to find out how I help others get fit and healthy message me. If you have not checked out the beachbody ON DEMAND fitness library and want a 30 day TRIAL, then click HERE to activate it today (upon activation I will contact you to give you my grocery list and meal plan for the week to help you get started).
All the best!
Whether you are a runner or not, if you are passionate about eating to fuel your body, if you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you’ll want to check this out!
- Do you need HELP in making decisions to feel confident in the food choices you’re making?
- Do you want to prepare meals that contain natural foods and minimally processed ingredients?
- Do you struggle to find the time to make meals for yourself and your family?
In training as a runner, a close second to questions about training programs and how many miles this week, us runners are always talking about nutrition. Lets face it, we are experimenting and sharing all the time what is the best for pre-run, mid-run (including at what intervals we need to eat to support our energy) and post-run (what foods will help us recover faster and repair muscles). I was honored to be contacted by Runners World to read and review their new book just released last week from Rodale Publishing, Meals on the Run.
*While I received a complimentary digital version for purposes of review, all opinions expressed and subsequent taste testing are my own.
Meals on the Run contains 150 recipes that can all be prepared in 30 minutes or less so that alone was enough for me to be drawn in and loving this cookbook right from the start. From page one, the foreward by Kara Goucher caught my attention too, she calls this book a bible of nutrition for runners with full lives. As a mother and female athlete I follow her and find that having her collaborating with this project really resonates with me. Here is the breakdown of the 9 chapters in the book.
- Chapter 1 Breakfast
- Chapter 2 Smoothies and Juices
- Chapter 3 Snacks and Sweets
- Chapter 4 Salads
- Chapter 5 Soups and Stews
- Chapter 6 Pasta and Noodles
- Chapter 7 Vegetarian Mains and Sides
- Chapter 8 Seafood Mains
- Chapter 9 Meat and Poultry Mains
The first few pages include an extensive Pantry List which I was happy to see I am already stocked up on a lot of the items! The other COOL TOOLS: Smart Shortcuts for fresh fruit and Produce and Time Saving equipment to have in your kitchen, on the “need” list for me is a 5qt Dutch Oven. I am all about convenience and love that it can go from the stovetop to the oven and then straight to the table for serving.
Did I mention the book is color-coded? Nice, right? Searching for Vegan meals, look for recipes with Purple Banner. I am a browser when it comes to meal planning, these eye catching details will help you find what you need QUICK! Two other categories that really caught my eye was 5MIN FIX & 10 MIN TOPS! Really? I can pull a healthy meal together that fast? Lifesaving for those mornings you oversleep your alarm or take a little longer in the shower or for us moms, packing healthy meals for the kids for weekend extra curricular activities.
I have a long list of recipes to try, this is the ONE I did this week for dessert after sitting down to dinner with my family. Everyone grabbed an apple, a plate and made their own! I resisted grabbing a scoop of vanilla on top but if you REALLY wanted to indulge I’d say this was as good as warm home made apple pie!
All in all I found these meals included simple ingredients and am looking forward to trying more!! Meals on the Run retails for $26.95. I usually browse my library for new cookbooks before purchasing, but I highly recommend that if you are a runner and looking for nutrition support in one of the three areas of Pre-Run, Fuel during the Run & Post-Run this book is worth it’s weight in gold! Cannot wait to hear what recipes you try out first! Thanks so much for providing us runners with great tools for success Running World!
I cannot wait to hear about your favorite recipes and what meals you prepare first from this incredible cookbook!
I felt the need to share this with you today because well, we normally will do our grocery shopping and meal prepping on the weekend. What if that doesn’t happen? Well, I know for some it just means living a life of fast food and unhealthy food choices for that week. I mean really, who has time to spend the time in the kitchen portioning food into containers? Will it make that big of a dfference?? YES!!
Here’s 3 quick ways to get motivated to do a FOOD PREP during the week.
1) Thaw out your meat the night before you want to prep or stop at grocery and pick up your food. Having it right there when you open the fridge that next morning will give you the motivation to get it done.
2) Look at how much money you spent eating out the night before. For what it cost you to dine out, you might have spent 1/3 to almost 1/2 of your weekly food budget. Yes, seeing that dip in your bank account can really motivate you to get your booty in the kitchen ASAP.
A side effect to losing weight for us ladies is also losing a little of that va va va voom in our chest area. For some, this is a welcome relief and for others its an eye opener that we really cannot choose to “spot reduce” when we are losing weight and inches.
Welcome to the new and improved you and I vividly remember my own realization that I was not as voluptuous as I once was but I also weighed out the benefits and realized that yes, I can still be sexy with a smaller chest. Here are 10 REAL benefits and reasons to SMILE about the new you!
1) Less bouncing and better support. Anyone who has exercised with a large chest knows the pull an pain you feel when you are working out. For me personally I think this is why for so many years I was NOT a runner.
2) You can wear something Low-Cut and not feel scandalous! Strapless or low cut is something that you can sport almost anywhere/anytime and feel confident.
3) Reduces stress on your shoulders and osteoporosis. Little do we consider that a pair of Dcups can weigh between 15 to 23 pounds!
4) No busting out of a button down shirt: yep, no more reason to safety pin those shirts so there’s not a gap!