Tag Archives: weightloss
First of all, Mondays are terrific for starting FRESH. Here’s the trick though, its easy to get stuck in a yo-yo dieting nightmare if you are restarting EVERY Monday. Nonetheless, Summertime is great time to be with friends and family, concerts and celebrations but come Monday after the weekend Im not sure about you but my midsection feels a little fluffier than usual. I woke up feeling this way today after spending 2 days with my parents in michigan. I mean who can resist a home made breakfast prepared by your mom? So here’s a couple of tips for you to get back on track today and a special invitation to join my next fitness challenge.
Three Quick Fixes to Reducing bloat:
1. Drink more water and AVOID carbonated drinks. The fizz in carbonated drinks (even diet ones) can cause gas to get trapped in your belly.
2. Eat smaller meals more often. Instead of eating 3 big meals a day, try eating smaller amounts/meals more often. This can keep you free of the bloated feeling that often follows large meals. Eating more frequently can also help contron blood sugar and manage hunger.
3. Don’t eat too fast. Eating quickly and not chewing your food well can causer air swallowing that leads to bloating. So slow down and ENJOY your food. Your meals should last at least 30 minutes, for snacks I’d aim for 10-15minutes. Keep in mind that digestion begins in the mouth and you can decrease bloating just by simply chewing your food more!
WHAT I am doing TODAY and invite you to take a look at trying it for yourself! I am doing a 3 day shakeology cleanse. When I first became a beachbody coach I would do this and last year Team Beachbody released their own “cleanse” called the 3 Day Refresh which I have also done in the past. Why am I doing the shakeology cleanse? Both programs have given me weightloss and de-bloating results. DISCLAIMER: I have heard from customers who say doing either of these programs actually makes them bloat up so be forewarned that everyone’s body and chemistry is different. For anyone interested in trying this on their own with their own protein shakes, I’m happy to share the eating plan which you will repeat all THREE days.
Breakfast: Shakeology w/ice & water, 1/2 cup fruit
Snack: 1 fruit
Lunch: Shakeology w/ ice & water, 1 cup green tea
Snack: Shakeology w/ice & water
Dinner: Lean 6oz protein (fish, chicken) over 2 cups of greens. 2 tbs dressing is allowed.
If you want it more regimented, then you can go to my website and order the Refresh Kit (retails $70) and if you want to learn how to save 10% off your order then message me at Jenn Voss Fitness or email me at Beachbody Coach Jenn.
To change your body, to reach new fitness goals you must always be seeking new ways to challenge yourself. One of the best reasons to be active in the beachbody community is to always be inspired to be doing more to improve your own health and fitness. Whenever you need to feel your best, I highly recommend trying the tips above or investing in doing a cleanse/ refresh!
Good Morning! Did you get up and get your workout in yet? Well, if you are looking for some changes by summer I suggest you take a look at joining the 2016 Bikini Series with ToneItUp! I discovered Karina and Katrina back in 2011 when I started my journey to become a personal trainer. I made the decision that January that I would train myself to get ME into the best shape of my life. I looked in the mirror and even though I was teaching so many fitness classes, I was not really exercising for me. I was bouncing around from one class to another, not paying attention to what I was eating and just following my schedule—not adding in any cross training or new workouts.
Being a part of this series is fun because you get to meet other women who are striving to improve their health and fitness, feel more comfortable in their skin and yes after what everyone ultimately wants…to look good naked! Hahaha…yes, I said it and its so true! To participate its free, but they also have an amazing nutrition plan if you are completely lost because as you may or may not realize when you begin to add more activity to your routine, you will need to be dialing in your nutrition to really see the results for all that sweat time you are logging. Once you join, you are a lifetime member and get all the updates, special emails/coaching from Karina and Katrina and so much more.
Here’s your workout moves for today straight from Tone It Up—which you can find tons of videos on their youtube channel for free or purchase their DVD workouts from their website as well, I own the beachbabe 1 and 2 series and they just released a new video for this year’s bikini series which is getting rave reviews from the TIUteam members. Here’s the video for the inspiration for today’s BONUS workout: https://www.facebook.com/ToneItUp/videos/10153876217574801/
Here’s my breakdown of the moves in this short video…Do each one 15x, then repeat the set 3x. There is a free printable of their orignial workout, plus video here at Full Body Workout.
Single Leg “running arms” deadlift, booty kick
OH Press with Knee Extension
Run/Sprint in place (60 seconds)
3 point Deadlift
Plank with weights–open to side plank (L/R)
Plank with Weights—tricep Extension (L/R)
abs: straight arm OH extension with bent knees out/in
Boxer Shuffle and punches R/L (60 seconds)
Get some sweat on today and sculpt and tone it up for summer!
I felt the need to share this with you today because well, we normally will do our grocery shopping and meal prepping on the weekend. What if that doesn’t happen? Well, I know for some it just means living a life of fast food and unhealthy food choices for that week. I mean really, who has time to spend the time in the kitchen portioning food into containers? Will it make that big of a dfference?? YES!!
Here’s 3 quick ways to get motivated to do a FOOD PREP during the week.
1) Thaw out your meat the night before you want to prep or stop at grocery and pick up your food. Having it right there when you open the fridge that next morning will give you the motivation to get it done.
2) Look at how much money you spent eating out the night before. For what it cost you to dine out, you might have spent 1/3 to almost 1/2 of your weekly food budget. Yes, seeing that dip in your bank account can really motivate you to get your booty in the kitchen ASAP.
A side effect to losing weight for us ladies is also losing a little of that va va va voom in our chest area. For some, this is a welcome relief and for others its an eye opener that we really cannot choose to “spot reduce” when we are losing weight and inches.
Welcome to the new and improved you and I vividly remember my own realization that I was not as voluptuous as I once was but I also weighed out the benefits and realized that yes, I can still be sexy with a smaller chest. Here are 10 REAL benefits and reasons to SMILE about the new you!
1) Less bouncing and better support. Anyone who has exercised with a large chest knows the pull an pain you feel when you are working out. For me personally I think this is why for so many years I was NOT a runner.
2) You can wear something Low-Cut and not feel scandalous! Strapless or low cut is something that you can sport almost anywhere/anytime and feel confident.
3) Reduces stress on your shoulders and osteoporosis. Little do we consider that a pair of Dcups can weigh between 15 to 23 pounds!
4) No busting out of a button down shirt: yep, no more reason to safety pin those shirts so there’s not a gap!